- American Association for Justice
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Monroe County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- American University, B.A., 1973
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D., 1977
He is in The Best Lawyers in America under the medical malpractice law, personal injury and product liability sections, and he was chosen by The Best Lawyers in America twice as the Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year in Rochester, N.Y. and twice as the Product Liability Litigation Lawyer of the Year in Rochester, N.Y.
Brian graduated from Syracuse University College of Law in 1977, and for the next year performed a judicial clerkship at the New York State Appellate Division for the Fourth Department. Since then, his personal injury practice has focused on individuals injured by medical malpractice, automobile accidents, defective products and defective premises.
To enhance his understanding of such injuries and their impact on the injured individual’s life, he attended anatomy courses, including complete dissection of a human cadaver, as well as autopsies and surgeries done by medical school faculty. Brian has obtained numerous substantial personal injury recoveries that have helped injured individuals and their families cope with the impact of their injuries.
Brian is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and serves on its New York-Upstate State Committee. He is also a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, the American Association for Justice, the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and the Monroe County Bar Association.
He has served on numerous Monroe County Bar Association committees, including the Academy of Law, Judiciary, Communications (member and chair), Litigation Counsel (co-chair), Deaf Access Task Force and Joint Monroe County Bar Association/Monroe County Medical Society Task Force, the State Courts Subcommittee (chair), and he currently chairs the Awards Committee. He served as a member of the Volunteer Legal Services Project Board of Directors for 20 years, where he had terms as Vice-President and President and also chaired numerous committees. He has continued to serve on and currently chairs the Nominations Committee.
He also served on the Town of Victor Growth Management Committee. For many years, he was a member of the Board of Directors of the National Kidney Foundation’s Upstate New York Affiliate, and served as its Vice-President and President, and on its Executive, Finance, and Development committees, among others. Brian also served at the national level on numerous National Kidney Foundation committees, including the Affiliate Relations Committee (Chair for two years), the Efficiency and Effectiveness Task Force, the Subcommittee to Evaluate Affiliate Share, and the Task Force to Evaluate Performance Standards for Affiliates.
The Federal District Court of the Western District of New York certified Brian as a Mediator in 2012 and he has successfully mediated several Federal Court cases since then.
PUBLICATIONS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- A.I.A. Insurance and Tort Law Reference, New York Law chapter co-author
- “A Trial Demonstration of a Products Liability Case,” CLE, ABOTA/Monroe County Bar Association, Speaker
- “Special Needs Trusts: Planning for Persons with a Disability,” National Business Institute, Speaker
- “Electronic Health Records: Their Effectiveness in Prosecuting & Defending Medical Malpractice Lawsuits,” Monroe County Bar Association/University of Rochester School of Medicine, Speaker
- “Expert Witnesses: When to Use Them, How to Find Them, and How to Produce Them at Trial,” CLE, ABOTA/Monroe County Bar Association, Speaker