Kristin A. Merrick
Kristin Merrick focuses her legal practice on all types of personal injury litigation, including negligence matters, products liability, medical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents and premise liability matters. She has extensive trial and advocacy experience.
Prior to joining Faraci Lange, Kristin was an Assistant District Attorney for Monroe County where she independently conducted over thirty jury trials and hundreds of bench trials, hearings, and motion arguments. She received her B.A., cum laude, from the State University of New York College at Geneseo and received her J.D. from Syracuse University College of Law.
Kristin currently serves as the Chair of the Monroe County Bar Association’s Lawyers for Learning Committee. She has been a member of the Lawyers for Learning committee for the past seven years and meets and mentors students weekly at Adlai E. Stevenson School No. 29. Previously, she served as a board member for the Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys (GRAWA) 2020-2022; as the Women’s Health Committee Co-Chair in 2019-2020 for GRAWA; and served as a co-chair on the Membership Committee for the Young Lawyer’s Section of the Monroe County Bar Association from 2016-2019. Kristin has been selected for inclusion as a Best Lawyer in America each year since 2020 and in the Upstate New York Super Lawyers as a Rising Star from 2018-2022. She was recognized as an Up & Coming Attorney in 2016 and a Top Woman in Law in 2020 by the Daily Record. In her spare time, Kristin enjoys traveling, boxing, reading and spending time with her family and friends.
- Best Lawyers
- Daily Record 2016 Up & Coming Attorney
- Daily Record Top Woman in Law, 2020
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2018-2020
- American Association for Justice
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys
- Syracuse University College of Law J.D. 2011
- State University of New York College at Geneseo B.A., cum laude 2008