What Personally Identifiable Information Do We Collect?
We collect personal information only when you fill out one of our forms and submit the information to us, or respond to requests for contact information through our live chat service. In other words, we only collect this information if you specifically and affirmatively provide it to us. Any personally identifiable information you submit is voluntary. You may visit our site anonymously and you may call us at (888) 997-4110 instead of submitting this information.
How Is Your Personally Identifying Information Used?
Your personally identifiable information is held in the strictest confidence and is used only to contact you, evaluate a potential lawsuit, and to respond to your inquiry. We will never sell your personal information, and once received, it is maintained as confidential.
What Other Information Is Collected?
We collect aggregate information and anonymous statistics about visitors to our web site using industry-standard technologies such as Google Analytics. This information may include information such as the city and state of visitors, the browser or other technology used, and the pages visited on our site. We may also collect IP-address information for limited purposes.
How Is Non-personally Identifiable Information Used?
We use aggregate or anonymous information to evaluate our web site and improve our services. We use IP-address information to ensure the security of our web site and stored information.
From time-to-time, we may use Google’s “remarketing” services or a similar trusted vendor to display ads to people who have already visited our web site. These ads may display on pages across the internet and not controlled by us, based on which pages you visited on our site.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We protect your information by maintaining standard security practices on our computers and web sites. These security measures include password-protected access to files, databases, and other information.
Do We Disclose Any Information to Outside Parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information except in the following situations:
- Your personally identifiable information may be shared with vendors who provide services to us, but only to assist in collecting this information or in performing our core business function. For example, our live chat service is provided by a third-party vendor, so information provided in the chat is collected by them before being forwarded to us.
- We may also share your personally identifiable information with trusted third parties. For example, another law firm, if we are working closely with them on cases of the type you are inquiring about, so that they may contact you. They must keep this information confidential and cannot sell it or share it.
- We may release your information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- If you submit information in “reply to” one of our posts or web pages, this information will be posted publicly. We request that you do not include personally identifiable information in such posts, and we will attempt to remove personally identifiable information submitted this way, but we do not make any guarantee or warrantee that all such information will be removed. You remain responsible for information submitted for public access.
- Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other similar uses.
Third Party Links
We make use of links to third-party web sites. When we do so, we make efforts to have these links open in new windows. The use of information collected by these third-party sites is covered by their independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (Copa) Compliance
Our web site is directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older. We do not knowingly collect information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we learn that someone has submitted personally identifiable information who is under 13-years-old, we will delete that information from our systems.
This policy was last modified on 11/6/2023.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, you may contact us as follows:
Attn: Privacy Officer,
1882 South Winton Road, Suite 1,
Rochester, NY 14618