Buffalo Rideshare Accident Lawyers
Call Us After an Uber or Lyft Accident
Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft are known for making getting across town convenient and affordable. What many people do not realize is that rideshare vehicles can cause the exact opposite if they are involved in a car accident. Navigating the nuances of an injury claim when a crash is caused by a rideshare driver, or if you were in a rideshare vehicle when it was hit, can be as frustrating as it is confusing.
To allow you to make sense of your claim, Faraci Lange, LLP is here. Our rideshare accident lawyers in Buffalo are the team that locals trust for outstanding legal counsel that prioritizes their recovery and comfort. No matter who or what company is on the other side of your claim, we have the knowledge and experience required to confidently bring a case against them.
Liable Parties in Rideshare Accidents
The liable parties in a rideshare accident can be a bit different than what you might expect in a typical car accident case. This is the first reason why so many people know to head to a law firm soon after being in a crash that involved an Uber, Lyft, or another rideshare service. With the assistance of our rideshare accident attorneys in Buffalo, you can easily figure out who is liable for your damages. More specifically, we can figure this out for you while you focus on recovering as best you can.
The liable party or parties in your rideshare accident might be:
- Rideshare driver
- Another motorist
- Rideshare company
- Another third party
Rideshare Insurance Policies
No one wants to be in a rideshare accident, and there is obviously nothing good that can come from such an accident. However, there is arguably a silver lining to a rideshare accident case: the insurance policy held by the rideshare company. Both Uber and Lyft have significant insurance policies that can provide strong coverage to injured passengers, other motorists, and rideshare drivers after a crash. How much coverage you can use or expect depends on the specifics of your accident, though.
For example, Uber can provide coverage in three tiers:
- Tier 1 – no coverage: When a rideshare driver is in a crash but did not have the rideshare app on, then Uber does not provide any coverage or claim any responsibility for that driver. The injured parties will have to file against the auto insurance policy that the driver purchased on their own.
- Tier 2 – some coverage: When a rideshare driver is using the app to look for a new fare but has not accepted one, Uber can provide some coverage. Specifically, the company has a 50/100/25 policy, but it only becomes usable if the rideshare driver’s policy caps before all damages are covered.
- Tier 3 – most coverage: When a rideshare driver is using the app and has accepted a fare, whether the passenger is in their vehicle or they are driving to pick them up, Uber can provide the most coverage possible under its policy. Up to $1 million in coverage can be used to cover the damages of all parties involved. Most car accidents do not cause more than $1 million in total damages, so this policy can be sufficient in many cases.
The catch is how to get that policy coverage. Uber and Lyft are major corporations that are focused on keeping their profits high. A simple strategy to do that is to challenge any claim that comes their way, even if it is obviously legitimate. Do not take it personally, it is just business. But do not take it sitting down, either.
Why You Need a Rideshare Accident Lawyer
Being involved in a rideshare accident can be a traumatic experience, and many victims are often unsure of what to do next. While some may consider handling the case themselves, it is important to understand the benefits of hiring a rideshare accident lawyer.
Here are some reasons why you should consider hiring a lawyer:
- Experience: Rideshare accident lawyers have the necessary experience and knowledge to handle your case effectively. They have handled numerous cases like yours and know the best strategies to use for a successful outcome.
- Investigation: A lawyer can conduct a thorough investigation of the accident, gathering evidence and interviewing witnesses to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Negotiation: Lawyers can negotiate with insurance companies and other parties involved in the accident to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Representation: A lawyer can represent you in court if necessary, ensuring that your rights are protected and your case is presented effectively.
At Faraci Lange, LLP, our Buffalo rideshare accident lawyers have years of experience representing victims of rideshare accidents. We understand the complexities of these cases and are committed to helping our clients receive the compensation they deserve.
Stand Up to Uber & Lyft with Our Help
Call our Buffalo rideshare accident attorneys right away if you have been in a crash involving a rideshare service. Our team can represent rideshare passengers, rideshare drivers, other motorists, and pedestrians. We know how to approach each unique case from the correct angle to make the most of available evidence and seek the full amount of compensation owed, whether it is provided by the rideshare company’s policy or a different one.
“Every person we encountered at Faraci Lange was supportive and worked diligently to settle our case with the very best results possible.”- Former Client
“I can’t thank them enough for their hard work and diligence in resolving my case favorably.”- Phil N.
“I would most definitely recommend this firm to anyone in need of a top personal injury lawyer.”- Michael M.
“A tragedy is difficult, but with such wonderful, caring people guiding us, the horrible time in our lives was made a little easier to deal with.”- Lisa P.
“They were never too busy to speak with me and address my issues.”- Ronald W.